Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wow, this time, it's for keeps.
Tomorrow I leave for Russia, once and for all. The completion of a journey that began in Ms. Russell's 5th grade Russian unit so long ago. My stomach is doing cartwheels, though this isn't uncommon.

I had a great time in New York and would like to thank everyone I saw for being there and being awesome. Shit went down, but everyone came through it in one piece, and I learned a lot about who I am, and just what all of the people around me are made of.

Orientation has been exhausting. Who would have thought that sitting in a chair could take so much out of you, but when you're visualizing yourself in the countless situations they were talking about, it can really brin a guy down. I've learned all about how to deal with local customs, what to expect from my host family, and what to do when a cop shakes me down for cash. It's all happening so fast, but I'm ready for it now. At this point I've cut anchor; there's no stopping me now. I'm going to miss the comforts of home, the security of a network of great friends who care about me, and a whole bunch of other crap.

I guess that's all I have to say at this point. Wish me luck, my next post will be from the Russian Federation.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pag, you are my homey, and i hope you know that i wish you nothing but the best in your travel. And don't be foolish, even if pajuh and i werent reading this, you should still be doing it for your own good. Think about it, whenever you want, youll pretty much always have a log of what is and was going on, and that in general would be a dope thing to have even just for yourself, but im interested to here whats up to. So keep me posted fool.
Stay safe, I love you homey.
Wergs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home