Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Man, it's getting cold.
It seems that fall just sort of happens here. One day everything is green, the next, everything is covered in leaves and it's freezing. We've only had two days of frost, but it was some pretty good frost.
I haven't been keeping this up as well as I'd like, the damned dial-up connection is a real downer, makes it hard to motivate myself. But today I thought I'd throw a few random pictures up here. They're mostly from the first Thursday I was here, when a bunch of us went to our now favorite cafe/bar for a drink or four. So here you go:


This is Amanda and me. She's from Pennsylvania. That fru-fru drink in front of us is hers, I swear. See that soccer ball? That means it's a football bar. Actually, it's owned by an English guy, so it feels like any pub in Yonkers.











The girls. left to right: Megan, Aubrey, Kendra, Lily. Really, besides Lily, everyone was pretty sober except for me.


















Andrew (one of 3 Andrews in our group) is on the left, then Matt, and Megan and Aubrey on the right.













OK. I thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce you to a friend of mine. This is Borsht. Take beets, potatoes, a whole shit load of cabbage, and some boiled pork, sprinkle in a little love, and you get this lovely result. Bonus points: It makes your pee turn pink if you eat enough of it. Actually it's not that bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home