Wednesday, October 18, 2006

OK, the day before I leave for Petersburg, I'm finally going to get this Shit up here. They're not even exciting pictures, except for one. [OK a goofed on the layout again, but it takes so long to fix I'm just going to roll with it.




This is the view from one of our balconies
Pretty yes? It's not all this bad, I swear.

























This is some of our group and myself in Yaroslavl. A good time was had by all. Man, I look like shit though.














This is Misha the bear, mascot of Yaroslavl and definately the shit.
























This is the view of another local monastery. The picture is from a smaller church, the one I mentioned that's on a flood plane. In the Spring, all of the green you see is covered in water, but the church always stays above the water line.










A Church in Yaroslavl. It had what were, in my opinion, the best frescos I've seen in Russia.























2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IS THAT BEAR REAL OR STUFFED?!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Dan said...

The bear is real, of course. there will be pictures to come of other bears spotted on the streets of St. Petersburg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home