Wednesday, November 15, 2006

So it's been snowing for like...a million days now. There's a good seven inches on the ground, though it melts and then comes back, so it's hard to keep track of how much as really fallen in all. The roads are surrounded by slush puddles so gross, it's hard to tell them apart from...well...icy poo I suppose.
Speaking of ice, I went ice skating a few days ago in the local rink. It was pretty cool. An open air arena filled (to the brim) with Russians in varying states of drunkeness. A good time was had by all.
It's amazing how fast winter set in here. One day it was raining, and the next, as if someone had flipped a switch, it just decided to turn to snow. I enjoy it though. It reminds me of home, walking into a snowy gale, eyes squinting out the melting water. Good times.
Life carries on as normal though. It will be strange staying here over winter break. I will be the only student remaining here, so I'm really going to get to know myself pretty well. Or, you know, die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home