Monday, March 12, 2007

Man, got to update this thing more often.

Not too much earth shattering news to report, but I did have an amazing weekend, and am headed for another this week.

Thursday (International Women's Day) I went out and danced the night away at a club, which was mostly shitty, with a few really kick ass moments. Also, they had a ridiculous comedy show that was mostly gay jokes and fart jokes, so naturally, I was enthralled. Got home way later than the club was worth, but that's ok, I got to talk to a toothless drunk on the street trying to hail a cab. When Russians don't have teeth, which is often, they're much harder to understand. Especially when every word out of their mouth is a horrible slur. It was pretty awesome. He was drinking a beer called "Goat." Having tried "Goat myself," I can say that it's not bad, it just needs more goat flavor. Sadly, I know what goat flavor is now.

Ok that's enough on that tangent, Friday we went to the Banya, which went very much as usual, though was puncuated by a few class moments including Bren in his "asstastic" Speedo. As usual we sweat a lot, drank a lot, danced a lot, and sang a lot. I also played my first ever game of Beirut using beer, which was fun, even though I lost. So I've got that going for me now.

Saturday night Andy and I went to a concert, which was awesome. They plaнув some Russian songs, and a whole bunch of covers of American rock songs, it was pretty sweet. Again, ended up staying out way later than I should have, drinking way more than I should have (though not as much as Andy for once). I thought I had more to say about that, but that's really it.

Other than that, things are good. It's still pretty melty, I don't fall as much, but I do step in ankle deep puddles full of dog shit and motor-oil, which sucks. Going to St. Petersburg again this week, it's going to be сuh-RAZY!

As a punishment for his alcoholism, my host mother is preparing a "repression," which will include a removal of the computer from the apartment, so I'm going to be in communicado for a while. I hope all is well all around the world.

one of the cats just yacked on the floor. I miss Moe.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Scott McLean said...

Privet! I like your blog. What's going on there now? I visited Ukraine a few years ago, and really liked it there. Take care. Poka

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Sophie Grace said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I Blaux Portable AC definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Let make your blogs more plentiful on instagram with our site webstagram

 

Post a Comment

<< Home