Saturday, November 25, 2006

So Thanksgiving was this week, and somehow turkey was eaten by all. It's a Thanksgiving miracle!
I guess Tom, our Resident Director, knows a guy, or something, and got his hands on a French turkey. So the whole gang piled into his apartment on Thursday and had a potluck Turkey-day. I came earlier in the day to help put the bird in, and to stuff it, but the Turkey wasn't fully gutted, and we were grossed out, so we didnt end up stuffing the damned thing. I just tossed and onion into the "cavity" (shudder), and called it a day. The stuffing came out pretty well, my cranberry sauce did not. Live and learn. Other food items included mashed potatos, some bitchin' carrots and beets, and a few pies...and like 6 bottles of wine. A good time was had by all, and once we were all fed and watered, we sat down to watch some South Park. God Bless America.

I am Thankful (in Russia) for:
-My host-mother
-Bowling
-Putinka
-The popularity of mashed potatos
-The cheapness of public transportation
-The Banya
-My backgammon board
-And of course, the great group of students I've had the pleasure of meeting here

Happy belated Thanksgiving to the readers...if they're still out there. I'm also thankful for internet access.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you write something about the ex spy scandal for the Sadie Lou Standard (we'd need it asap). We would love to have anything from you about it! Let me know! Hope all is well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home