Wednesday, May 16, 2007

So this is it then.

The good byes have all been said, the last beers consumed. Souvenirs purchased.

This. Is. Wierd.

Everything I've done over the last few days has been the "last time I'll do that," or "the last time I do this." It's a very strange feeling knowing that such an adventure is rapidly ending. Of course there have been times I have hated this county and everyone who lives here, but who hasn't felt that way about America from time to time.

I leave Vladimir at midnight. I then fly to Frankfurt, followed by DC. From there, I will drive to SLC and rock out there for a few days. This all starts today, but it sure doesn't feel that way.

I think the feeling I have most right now is just one of total acceptance. If I have learned anything in Russia...besides Russian...it would definitely be humility in the face of that which we cannot control; be it some bitch who doesn't want to attempt to understand what I'm saying because I'm foreign, or be it having such an Odyssey come to a close so quickly. Of course I've been waiting for this day since sometime over Christmas break, but you know what? No matter how much it may bother me, I somehow really ended up loving this place. Even if mst of our time was spent bitching about it, it really is something else to live in Russia, like a Russian.

that being said...

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!!!

This is DanInRussia, signing off.

6 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Blogger Jobove - Reus said...

If it is a question of passing a good moment to you with the blogs, in yours we have obtained it, congratulations

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

- Hi!
my name is Mauro, i would like to create a blog supporting freedom in Russia, spreading the world, you can help me? Do you want to write in english or italian or russian and linking us with my blogroll (as you can see in the sidebar of the blog?)
please, visit me at: http://russialibera.blogspot.com
tks a lot!
Ciao,
Mauro

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a great blog. I like everthing related to funny russian culture. See the delicious Russian food for example

 
At 1:56 AM, Anonymous OZs said...

Hi...
Visiting from Indonesia,
Happy New Year 2010, have a nice day.

 
At 2:08 AM, Anonymous azo said...

One day i would like to be in Russia too, i think. But for now I'll just be here experiencing Russia through your blog

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Fadhilah MPA said...

nice blog. visit & follow me back

 

Post a Comment

<< Home